Thursday 25 August 2016

How-To Classes on Skillshare

It has been a busy couple of weeks for me (okay, maybe three weeks - time flies). In my last post I told you I had just published my first class on Skillshare; well now I have two classes published! The happiest moment for me was when I checked my email yesterday and saw that my spinning class had twenty-five enrollments. Twenty-five is the magic number to start earning revenue, so I am very excited. It will only get better from here!

Class number two is How to Make Your Own Weaving Sticks. I walk students through the process, plus have a set of written instructions available for download so students can use their sticks right away. I have used weaving sticks for belts, coasters and totebag straps. The woven strips may also be sewn together to make placemats, rugs or bags. Once you get started, the woven projects may soon take over your house.

Both of my classes are kid-friendly, so don't be afraid to share them with the kids in your life. They both improve patience, coordination and a sense of accomplishment. Children as young as five or six can learn to spin and use weaving sticks, so a whole new world can be opened up to them.

If you have taken any of my classes, I would appreciate a review plus projects posted within the class. That way I will know if I need to tweak anything to make the classes better. Thank you all for your support!

No comments:

Post a Comment