Friday 5 August 2016

Now Published!

Hi Everyone!

My apologies for the delay in getting this post done, but I have been busy with my course on Skillshare. As I mentioned in the last post, I was invited to be a teacher there, and yesterday I finished and published my first course. I am so excited!

The course title is Learn to Spin Your Own Yarn, and walks you through the construction of a basic spindle, plus the spinning, making of the ball, plying and setting of the twist. I do have to say it was an interesting experience to get it finished, but I did it!

The link above takes you to the course, plus also gives you the option to sign up for 99 cents for three months for a Premier Membership. That's 33 cents per month for the first three months. It's a win-win, because with that package you can take my course, plus any other course on the platform you wish. Just think of all the cool stuff you can learn to do/make.

I have learned how to make a Amigurumi Jellyfish, mandalas and am in the process of learning how to make felt for felted cacti. I am also registered for both writing and craft classes, which will keep me busy for awhile. The best part is, the lessons are generally in the 3 - 5 minute range, so you can easily refer to different lessons if you need to watch something again. A new, easier way of learning.

And, if you have something to share with the world, you too can become a teacher on Skillshare. It has several benefits, with one being monetary compensation. And who couldn't use a little extra cash these days?

Below is a picture of the yarn I spun for the class. If you want to see how I did it, click here.


No comments:

Post a Comment